Marine Electronics Service Technician ( In Montreal)
Hostmost Marine is Asia’s leading marine communications and navigation service provider with depots in Canada, China, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam. To better support our customers in Canada and the Americas, we are strengthening our technical team globally by hiring the most skilled and client-focused talents.
Currently, we're looking for a Full Time Marine Electronics Service Technician to join our Montreal team and provide local sales and service support to our customers within this area. As part of our technical team, you will actively support our clients with vessels calling Canadian ports with focus on their Radio and Navigational Equipment onboard.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Service, install, and commission all products that Hostmost represents within but not limited to Quebec and Eastern Canada.
- Plan and organize sales and customer visits and acquire new business leads within Canada. Collect all relevant commercial factors regarding a service case and produce the customers’ draft invoice.
- Record all communication and relevant information in a service case and provide detailed and accurate service report to the main office.
- Provide customers and sales team with technical support.
- Design and supervise the installation of systems.
- Provide service training to junior or trainee technicians
- Proven service experience in electrical instrumentation/automation and low voltage systems, or relevant degree in electrical/electronic engineering.
- Previous experience with shipboard radio equipment a requirement.
- Previous experience with shipboard navigation systems a requirement.
- Proven experience of being qualified by marine classifications to perform GMDSS radio survey is an asset.
- Proven experience of being qualified by marine classifications to perform VDR Annual Performance Test is an asset.
- Proven experience within a fast paced work environment is an asset.
- Ability to communicate precisely and effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours and travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Strong computer literacy, experience with MS Office and Outlook.
- Good knowledge in the English language, both oral and written.
- Must be authorized to work in Quebec without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel overseas.
Send CV to [email protected]